Click HERE for the main page.

Contact with results or for more information.

Check out the scholarship sponsored by the Oak Harbor Sports Report. Two $500 awards to student-athletes who participated in 2 sports per year for all 4 years of high school and maintained a GPA of at least 3.0. See the counseling center for more information.

Can't be at the game? Get a live Twitter update straight to your cell phone. Sign up to follow us at We send updates from all home events and select away contests.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

FB 2013-10-04 vs Stanwood

Friday night the Wildcats hosted the Stanwood Spartans (2-2, 1-0 Wesco 3A North), fresh off a 35-7 drubbing of Marysville Getchell.

The game did not start out on a good note for the Wildcats, as Stanwood's first play from scrimmage went 59 yards to the OH 13 yard line, but Stanwood had to settle for a field goal.

Oak Harbor's first possession looked like it might also end in a field goal, but on 4th down, with the ball on the 2 yard line, the coaches called the play and Dejon Devroe ran it in to make it 7-3 for the 'Cats at the 7:24 mark in the first quarter.

Both teams punted on their next possession, and Stanwood gave the ball up on downs when a 4th down pass into the end zone fell incomplete.

At the 2nd quarter began, OH still led 7-3 and had the ball on the Stanwood 30, but a fumble gave the ball back to the Spartans.  Stanwood ran only 3 plays and punted again, a booming punt that went to the OH 8 yard line.  The first play was a 70-yard run by Sheyenne Sams, but a Wildcat penalty brought it back.  Oak Harbor regrouped and advanced to the Stanwood 28 when another fumble ended the drive. Oak Harbor got the ball back just two plays later, when Tyler Adamson recovered a fumble that was forced by Rhys Mattila.

That drive ended with Sams dancing in from 12 yards out to boost the score to 14-3 with 2:55 left in the half. 

Stanwood's next drive lasted 5 plays and ended with Mattila sacking the Stanwood QB on a 4th down play.

At the half, OH led 14-3.

OH received the opening kick in the 2nd half, but the drive stalled, then a high snap on the Wildcat punt attempt gave Stanwood the ball at the Oak Harbor 31.  The defense held, and a 33-yard field goal attempt went wide left.

Taking over at their own 20 yard line, the 'Cats needed only 1 play, an 80-yard run up the middle by Julian Faralan, to make it 21-3. 

Stanwood fumbled on their next drive, forced by Sams and recovered by Chris Humphries, but two plays later the Spartans got it back after a fumbled Wildcat handoff.  The Spartans were forced to punt and two plays later it was Faralan again, this time from 6 yards out to make it 28-3 with 4:37 left in the 3rd.

Stanwood fumbled the ball away during the kickoff return, then two plays later Clay Doughty found Devroe open for a 41-yard TD pass.  The 3rd quarter ended with the Wildcats on top 35-3.

The final Wildcat score came on a 3-yard run by Faralan after a 3-play 68-yard drive.  With 5:15 left in the game, Oak Harbor led 42-3, and that score would remain on the board until the final horn.

A bunch of video highlights are posted HERE.

Photos are HERE, or also at


No comments: